Are you breaking the law?

Posted by Niamh on April 8, 2014 under All posts | Be the First to Comment

If you engage a contractor to carry out works on intruder alarm systems they must hold a license issued by the Private Security Authority or PSA.  Plus new regulations now cover the installation and maintenance of CCTV and Access Control Systems.

You can check the register to see if your contractor is licensed at

As a person engaging an unlicensed contractor the penalties range from a €3000 fine or up to 5 years imprisonment.  A person includes householders and businesses.


Add A Comment